You are here
In addition to competitive compensation, Smith Elliott Kearns & Company, LLC offers a wide range of benefits to team members. They include the following:
Benefit Plans and Retirement
- Group medical plans with employee base coverage paid by SEK&Co
- Voluntary dental and vision plans
- Group life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- 401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nine paid holidays
- Reduced summer hours Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Flexible schedules
- On-site flu vaccinations
- SEK&Co branded clothing
Professional Development and Memberships
- CPA Exam Incentive Program – exam reimbursement, assistance with materials, and bonus for successful completion
- Continuing Education – internal and external CPE training is provided by the firm
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Professional & civic membership dues paid by SEK&Co
- Mentoring Program – staff members select a senior mentor and meet regularly to discuss career opportunities and personal goals.
- Employee Referral Program – bonus awarded to employees who refer full-time or part-time hires.
Firm Events and Additional Perks
SEK&Co hosts and participates in several team building events and activities throughout the year, including:
- Firmwide Meeting – all employees meet once a year to share information and participate in team-building exercises.
- Busy Season Luncheons – the firm and its clients provide lunch for the employees regularly throughout the busy season.
- SEK&Co Day – 1st Friday after April 15th. This day is a paid firm holiday that is enjoyed by all employees.
- Lunch Buddy Program – new employees are treated to lunch during their first month of employment to get to know coworkers.
- Community Involvement – employees in each office have the opportunity to participate in charitable events that help support their local communities.
- Awards – click here to view recent awards that SEK&Co has earned.
- Annual Golf Outing – employees of all skill levels are encouraged to enjoy an afternoon on the course with coworkers.
“Smith Elliott Kearns promotes a work-life balance. The Firm has been extremely supportive of working moms by allowing employees to work flextime, and also providing an alternative career path for those employees who cannot commit to the working hours required for the partner career path due to family obligations. The Firm provides Leadership Development Training to help groom staff to become partners, but it also serves to provide staff with valuable feedback to help them in their professional development. I have been with the Firm since 1996 and I feel like I have a very rewarding future ahead of me because of the opportunities that have been provided for me.” Member of the Firm, Kristi M. Glass, CPA
“…I like how continuing education is so important to the Firm that they do everything possible to make sure employees have the training they need, whether it is to keep a license up to date or not. I also like the fact that the Firm pays for it so that the employees do not worry about the financial burden that required CPE credits for a CPA license can add up to be…” Supervisor, Teena R. Curnow
“From the perspective of a mentor, I have felt privileged to be able to use my experience to offer insight and guidance to others. Being able to help others in their career path and seeing them grow really gives me a sense of importance and value. If something I say or offer helps someone else even a little, then I feel like I have made a contribution.” Member of the Firm, Craig Witmer, CPA
“Both as a mentee and mentor I’ve obtained a great deal of satisfaction out of SEK’s mentorship program. I work closely with my mentor on a daily basis on billable work. But above and beyond servicing our clients effectively and timely, he is always there to lend an ear to provide an opinion on anything, be it personal, or professional. That confidence that I have somebody to confide in and who can help guide me through my career is part of the package here at SEK that you can’t put a dollar sign on. Now as a mentor myself, I work diligently to provide that same level of care, honesty, and expertise to my mentee. I look forward to being a mentor to many staff and guiding them through their careers here at SEK.” Manager, Patrick Mulherin, CPA