Kim joined SEK in 1989 as Firm Administrator and was named Chief Operating Officer in 2018. During her tenure with the firm, she has become recognized for her expertise in the field of accounting firm management. She is also recognized as a senior professional in the field of human resources and currently serves as the firm’s Director of HR. Her background includes more than 30 years of experience working in management and operations of a CPA firm, strategic planning, employee relations, benefits, training, employee development, policies and procedures, and organizational effectiveness.
Her professional outreach includes serving on Maryland SHRM State Council, Inc. (MD SHRM) as past Deputy Directory and current State Director. MD SHRM was a SHRM Pinnacle award winner in 2021. She also served on the Frederick County Chapter of SHRM Board of Directors. She held two consecutive terms as President, during which the chapter received the Gold Excel Award from national SHRM. In addition, she previously served on the Cumberland Valley Chapter of SHRM Board of Directors and held two consecutive terms as President, during which the chapter received Gold Merit recognition from national SHRM.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Public Accounting Firm Manager (PAFM)
- i2a Strategic Thinking System – Certified Meeting Facilitator
- Energy Rich Leadership
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Maryland SHRM State Council, Inc. – Director
- Frederick County Chapter of SHRM – Past President
- Cumberland Valley Chapter of SHRM - Past President
- Allinial Global – COO Community of Practice
- CPA Firm Management Association
Just For Fun
- FIRST JOB - Sold AVON door to door when she was 13 years old, then worked retail and sold Texas Instrument calculators when they first came to market
- ABOUT HER FAMILY - Married to her husband Ed; a daughter who teaches trauma awareness; a son-in-law who is currently a Firefighter and a member of VA TF1; two awesome grandchildren who are the joy of her life; an English Setter
- HOBBIES - Saltwater fishing, shooting sporting clays, and watching softball, tennis, and volleyball
- SURPRISING FACT - She thoroughly enjoys being in competitive situations
- MOST INSPIRING PART OF HER JOB - Working with a dynamic group of people.