Mike serves as an Audit and Assurance services engagement partner primarily in the Hagerstown office.
Mike’s experience includes working with manufacturing, retirement plan, construction, financial institutions, and nonprofit clients. In addition, he provides clients with business and strategic planning and has experience in mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plans, internal controls, and governance structures of business entities.
He currently serves on the American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA) Technical Issues Committee (TIC). TIC is a national committee working to represent the views of small and medium sized firms and their private entity clients in the standard setting process. He is the zone chair for TIC that focuses on auditing, accounting and review services and professional ethics standards. He is also a member of the Attestation Standards Task Force (ASB and ARSC Task Force).
His previously held professional positions include:
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants - Chair
- AICPA Auditing Standards Board (ASB) - Member
- PKF North America (Now Allinial Global) Accounting and Auditing Committee - Chair
- Maryland Peer Review Committee - Chair
Mike has extensive experience participating on peer review teams and consulting on quality control issues. He has served as an instructor for continuing professional education courses pertaining to accounting and auditing on the local, regional, and national levels.
- B.S. Accounting – University of Delaware
- Certified Public Accountant – Maryland, District of Columbia, Missouri
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- American Institute of CPAs
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Kiwanis Club of Hagerstown – Key Club Advisor