Krista specializes in identifying opportunities to improve the financial governance, business strategy, and operational efficiency of her clients. Working exclusively within the not-for-profit and governmental industries for the last 13 years, Krista is well versed in the unique experiences these organizations face including obstacles to success. Above all, she is committed to helping her clients fulfill their mission by providing meaningful guidance and strategic solutions.
In addition to providing compliance and attestation services, Krista challenges the status quo by focusing on future industry trends, disruptions, and the needs of her clients. Her many strengths, including a servant heart for missional and community-oriented organizations, allow her to collaborate effectively with her clients as an advisor, consultant, and educator.
Krista’s passion for not-for-profits and respect for their community impact can be seen in her personal commitment to many local organizations.
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs (PICPA)
- AICPA - Government Audit Quality Center Member
- AICPA - Not-for-Profit Center Member
- PICPA - Council At-Large Representative
- PICPA - Government Accounting and Auditing Committee Chair
- PICPA - Not-for-Profit Committee Member
- PICPA - South Central Executive Committee Member
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials - Accounting and Audit Committee Member
- 2018 PICPA Young Leader Award Recipient
- 2016 Forty Under 40 Honoree, Central Penn Business Journal
- ConvergenceCoaching Transformational Leadership Program Graduate
- BOARDWay Bound Not-for-Profit Leadership Program Graduate
- Appell Center for the Performing Arts - Immediate Past Board Chair, Governance Committee Chair, Finance Committee Chair, Centennial Campaign Committee Member
- Susquehanna University - Global Business Perspectives Judge
- Special Olympics York County - Past Management Team Member, Fundraising Coordinator
- Special Olympics PA - 2016 Management Team Member of the Year
- How to Prepare for an Audit, SEK Nonprofit Seminar (May 2022)
- GASB Update, Lancaster Lebanon School Business Officials (February 2022)
- Federal Funding & Compliance Overview, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2021)
- Effective Internal Controls and Why They Matter, PA State Association of Township Supervisors (July 2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Salzmann Hughes, P.C. (July 2021)
- Accessing Internal Controls Over Compliance, PICPA School District Conference (June 2021)
- Single Audit Webinar Series, PICPA (January 2021)
- Certified Public Accountant - Pennsylvania
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate II
- B.S. Accounting, Information Systems Minor - Susquehanna University
- Year joined SEK: 2020
- Year admitted as a Member: 2020
Q&A with Krista
What are your hobbies?
Spending time with family and friends, especially trying new restaurants and breweries. I love shopping and am definitely a TV junkie. I almost always have music on and love to dance.
What would others be surprised to learn about you?
I was Miss Union County 2003.
What was your first job?
I worked at a produce stand at a flea market when I was 14.
What is the most inspiring part of your job?
Being able to mix accounting with my love for helping others and the community
My Industry Specialties
- Local Governments & Schools
My Service Specialties
- Accounting, Auditing, & Assurance
- Peer Reviews
- Outsourced CFO Services
Krista and her team are very familiar with our Borough and Authority, and always a pleasure to work with.
A York Audit Client