Find Your Path. Join SEK.
Founded in 1963, SEK is a Top 200 regional CPA firm with a long history and a bright future. The firm has offices in Camp Hill, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Hanover, and York, Pennsylvania, as well as Hagerstown, Maryland.
SEK is always in search of new talent, whether you are a recent college graduate ready to jump in with both feet or a seasoned professional wanting to reinvigorate your career.
Our focus on company culture, work-life balance, and commitment to our communities make SEK a fantastic place to work. If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding career filled with opportunities for personal and professional growth, then you've come to the right place.
Perks of Joining Our Team
SEK employees enjoy a plethora of perks, programs, and plans designed to reward you, save you money, and keep you healthy. See all our benefits below:
- Generous paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Half-day Fridays Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Flexible schedules
- Teleworking and hybrid work arrangements
- Dress for your day policy
- On-site flu vaccinations
- Branded teamwear
Want to know why life is better at SEK? Check out our careers & culture Instagram! @lifeatsek
Health & Retirement
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Group medical plans with employee base coverage paid by SEK
- Voluntary dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts, including dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Personal Transition Coach – staff members are paired with a buddy on their first day
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Professional & civic membership dues paid by SEK
- National and state society membership dues paid
- State CPA license and annual renewal fees paid
- CPA exam incentives, including time off, exam reimbursement, assistance with materials, and bonus for successful completion
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentor program to outline career opportunities and personal goals
- Cash bonus awarded for referring full-time or part-time hires
- Annual firm-wide meeting to share updates and encourage teambuilding
- Busy season luncheons provided by the firm and its clients
- SEK Day – the first Friday after April 15th is a paid firm holiday enjoyed by all
- Volunteer opportunities in the community
- Manager incentive program
Commitment to Community
At SEK, we believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. Our team participates in charitable events that help support local organizations and also serves on Boards and in other leadership roles.
Our Impact Report includes just a sampling of the organizations and causes we support as individuals, as office groups, and as a firm.
SEK has received a number of recent awards and recognition, including:
- Two national Best of Accounting Awards for client satisfaction (our clients really, really love us!)
- Best Accounting Firm/Tax Firm in VerStandig Media's Best of the Tri-State Awards
- Best Accountant in Herald Mail Media's Tri-State's Best Awards
- Employer of the Year Award from the Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 9th in Accounting Today's Leading CPA Firms in the Capital Region
- Ranked 99th in Central Penn Business Journal's Top 250 Private Companies in Central PA
Let's Work Together
Like what you see? We have immediate openings in all offices, along with remote and hybrid opportunities. Find out more and apply below!
SEK was my greatest employment blessing at a critical time in my life. SEK allows you to mold your public accounting career to your desires. The Members want their employees to succeed and will do anything in their power to help you reach whatever goals you set. SEK’s history and culture opens doors for bold visions and a bright future. I think the WOW factor for me is that the Managing Member of 6 offices (a larger regional firm) knows nearly every employee and rarely misses an opportunity to say hello. Truly a great place to work!
Angela L. QuigleyCPA
SEK provides me an opportunity to do everything I love: work collaboratively with great people, add value to small businesses, and serve my community. I get to do all of this while never missing the important moments with my family.
Daryl L. StaleyCPA
SEK is the best company I have worked for; they care about you as a person and your career. I love how you control your own career and SEK rewards hard work. You get what you put into it. They align with one of my life's mottos: work hard, play hard.
I have enjoyed working at SEK because of the clients I've had the opportunity to serve and help, my relationships with my coworkers, encouragements I've been given to grow my career, and our flexible summer work schedule.
Evan WabrickCPA, MBA
I enjoy working for SEK because of the great culture. My coworkers have become my best friends and biggest supporters in my work and life outside of the office. And every day, I have the opportunity to learn something new!
I enjoy working for SEK because people care about me as a person and about my professional growth. I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job that I can create my own path.
Victoria FiorinoCPA, MBA
SEK does a great job supporting their employees. Since starting with the Firm, I have felt consistently supported in my career development and always feel appreciated for my contributions.
SEK provides the opportunity to serve my community and my family, as well as the ability to grow as a professional.
SEK is a great company to work for! Even with the high-stress industry, SEK values its employees and celebrates the small stuff. SEK works to keep their employees happy and provides benefits that we truly appreciate!
I enjoy working for SEK because of how great of a culture and community they have fostered. It feels like I am truly valued, and they have taken the time and effort to show me I am truly appreciated.
I love that SEK provides so many opportunities for personal and professional growth, and truly lets you pave your own path. The work-life balance allows me to take charge of my career and also be there for my family.
Working for SEK is the perfect combination of challenging, rewarding & fast-paced career that I've always looked for. I appreciate the integrity & professionalism that is seen at all levels of the company, as well as the flexibility & family atmosphere we all get to work in.
I like that I am not micromanaged and am trusted to make decisions autonomously. I also love the fast pace and constant learning experiences that happen at every staff level.