Find Your Path. Join SEK.
Founded in 1963, SEK is a Top 200 regional CPA firm with a long history and a bright future. The firm has offices in Camp Hill, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Hanover, and York, Pennsylvania, as well as Hagerstown, Maryland.
SEK is always in search of new talent, whether you are a recent college graduate ready to jump in with both feet or a seasoned professional wanting to reinvigorate your career.
Our focus on company culture, work-life balance, and commitment to our communities make SEK a fantastic place to work. If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding career filled with opportunities for personal and professional growth, then you've come to the right place.
Perks of Joining Our Team
SEK employees enjoy a plethora of perks, programs, and plans designed to reward you, save you money, and keep you healthy. See all our benefits below:
- Generous paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Half-day Fridays Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Flexible schedules
- Teleworking and hybrid work arrangements
- Dress for your day policy
- On-site flu vaccinations
- Branded teamwear
Health & Retirement
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Group medical plans with employee base coverage paid by SEK
- Voluntary dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts, including dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Personal Transition Coach – staff members are paired with a buddy on their first day
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Professional & civic membership dues paid by SEK
- National and state society membership dues paid
- State CPA license and annual renewal fees paid
- CPA exam incentives, including time off, exam reimbursement, assistance with materials, and bonus for successful completion
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentor program to outline career opportunities and personal goals
- Cash bonus awarded for referring full-time or part-time hires
- Annual firm-wide meeting to share updates and encourage teambuilding
- Busy season luncheons provided by the firm and its clients
- SEK Day – the first Friday after April 15th is a paid firm holiday enjoyed by all
- Volunteer opportunities in the community
- Manager incentive program
Commitment to Community
At SEK, we believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. Our team participates in charitable events that help support local organizations and also serves on Boards and in other leadership roles.
Our Impact Report includes just a sampling of the organizations and causes we support as individuals, as office groups, and as a firm.
SEK has received a number of recent awards and recognition, including:
- Two national Best of Accounting Awards for client satisfaction (our clients really, really love us!)
- Best Accounting Firm/Tax Firm in VerStandig Media's Best of the Tri-State Awards
- Best Accountant in Herald Mail Media's Tri-State's Best Awards
- Employer of the Year Award from the Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 9th in Accounting Today's Leading CPA Firms in the Capital Region
- Ranked 99th in Central Penn Business Journal's Top 250 Private Companies in Central PA
Let's Work Together
Like what you see? We have immediate openings in all offices, along with remote and hybrid opportunities. Find out more and apply below!
SEK was my greatest employment blessing at a critical time in my life. SEK allows you to mold your public accounting career to your desires. The Members want their employees to succeed and will do anything in their power to help you reach whatever goals you set. SEK’s history and culture opens doors for bold visions and a bright future. I think the WOW factor for me is that the Managing Member of 6 offices (a larger regional firm) knows nearly every employee and rarely misses an opportunity to say hello. Truly a great place to work!
Angela L. QuigleyCPA
SEK is a great place to work and I really cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The work-life balance is the main thing that stands out to me. The firm promotes an environment that fosters development and allows individuals to build a rewarding career. Helping clients with their accounting and consulting needs is also very gratifying.
Daryl L. StaleyCPA