Overview & Awards
One of the premier accounting firms in the Shenandoah and Cumberland Valleys, Smith Elliott Kearns & Company, LLC (SEK) has experienced significant growth since our founding in 1963. Today, we serve clients on a regional level from six offices in Pennsylvania and Maryland. The firm is managed locally by a team of 27 Members supported by a team of nearly 150 professionals.
In November 2018, we launched our brand-new logo featuring a compass. Since our founding, the guidance we offer continues to be precise, just like its sharp points. For years to come, we want our compass to represent our commitment to providing guidance you can count on.
Awards and Recognition
As SEK grows, we remain committed to our clients, communities, and staff who make our success possible. We have received a number of recent awards including:
- Best of Accounting Award for Client Satisfaction, 2021, ClearlyRated
- Employer of the Year Award, 2020, Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Best Accounting Firm/Tax Firm, Best of the Tri-State, 2021, VerStandig Media
- #1 Accountant, Tri-State's Best Awards, 2020, Herald Mail Media
- Best Tax Prep Service, Best of Franklin County, 2021, Public Opinion
- Top 3 - Best Accounting Firm, Best of Cumberland County, 2021, The Sentinel
- 12th, Leading CPA Firms in the Capital Region, 2021, Accounting Today
- 99th, Top 250 Private Companies in Central PA, 2020, Central Penn Business Journal
SEK is committed to serving our clients by providing professional accounting and consulting services that are based on a clear understanding of our clients and their business.
We will work to be proactive in response to our clients’ needs and complete each engagement in a timely manner for a reasonable fee. Members of our firm will strive to be active in our communities and will work to continue to foster growth and vitality by managing a quality-driven, successful organization.
To be the best independently owned, operated, and managed CPA firm with the highest ethical standards in the business of public accounting.
Our Core Values
- Highest Ethical Standards
- Mutual Respect
- Pride in Firm and Profession
- Responsive to Client Needs
- Close Personal Relationships
- Quality of Life
See What Our Clients Have to Say