With more than 20 years of Human Resources experience, Laura oversees the firm’s HR department and leads HR Consulting Services for clients throughout the quad-state region. Laura’s expertise includes supporting the HR needs of small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and corporations. These services include on-going advisory support, employee handbooks, HR compliance reviews, recruitment, training, employee relations, regulatory compliance, and other custom HR services based on the needs of the client.
In addition to her client responsibilities, Laura is a member of the firm’s Consulting Task Force.
- Allinial Global – Human Resources Committee
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Cumberland Valley Chapter of SHRM
- Habitat for Humanity of Franklin County - Board Member
- Leadership Franklin County – Steering Committee, Class of 2014
- Recruiting & Retention, SEK Nonprofit Seminar (May 2022)
- Employee Handbook and Post-COVID Updates, SEK Business Leaders' Summit (October 2021)
- Employee Handbook Dos & Don'ts, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2021)
- Navigating Difficult Conversations, Chambersburg Chamber's Young Professionals Conference (May 2021)
- Exempt or Non-Exempt? A Review of Federal and PA Overtime Rules, SEK (April 2021)
- HR Consulting Services, SEK Spotlight Series (March 2021)
- Human Resources Updates, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2020)
- Human Resources Updates, SEK Manufacturing Seminar (October 2019)
- Bonuses Under FLSA and Calculation of Overtime (January 2021)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- B.S. Business Administration/Human Resource Management – Shippensburg University
- Year joined SEK: 2011
Q&A with Laura
What are your hobbies?
Playing golf; going to wineries and breweries; watching the Philadelphia Eagles and NCAA basketball
What is on your bucket list?
Travel to national parks across the U.S.
What is your favorite food?
Crab legs or any seafood
What is the most inspiring part of your job?
Watching employees learn and grow in their careers
My Industry Specialties
- Financial Institutions
- Healthcare Professionals
- Local Governments & Schools
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Food Service
- Professional Service Firms
- Real Estate
My Service Specialties
- HR Consulting
If you want HR work done right, on time, and delivered in a fashion that makes sense, call Laura Stover.
D. Bruce Poole, Esq.AttorneyThe Poole Law Group