- Perry County Association of Township Officials (September 2021)
- GASB Update, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2021)
- GASB 87 - Leases, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2020)
- GASB 84 & 87: What You Need to Know, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2019)
- GASB Timeline: A Look Into the Future, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2019)
- Preventing Common Single Audit Deficiencies, SEK Governmental Seminar (August 2018)
- GASB 84 - Identifying Fiduciary Activities (August 2021)
- Approval of Pay Rates (September 2020)
- Arbitrage (September 2020)
With more than 16 years of experience, Teena has dedicated her career to the local governmental industry and specializes in that area. She manages 25 audits each year.
Teena’s responsibilities include supervising staff and ensuring audit work is completed accurately and timely to meet client expectations and deadlines. Additionally, she stays up to date on new and old standards that affect her clients and communicates best practices and up-to-date information so they can make informed decisions. She helps clients properly report accounting activity and prepares them to implement upcoming standards.
In addition to her client responsibilities, Teena is a member of the firm’s Audit Efficiencies Task Force. She is an instructor of our in-house training programs on governmental accounting and a presenter at our annual governmental seminars. She also trains and acts as a mentor to staff.
- B.S. Business Administration - Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant – Pennsylvania
- West York Elementary PTO - Assistant Treasurer
Just For Fun
- DREAM JOB AS A KID - Teacher; although with distance learning for my sons, it's safe to say I'm glad I changed my mind.
- ABOUT HER FAMILY - Husband and two sons
- HOBBIES - Reading, hiking, photography, and watching any sport her kids are playing
- SURPRISING FACT - Even though she is afraid of heights, she has gone skydiving. Also, one of her bucket list items is to climb a mountain.
- FAVORITE QUOTE - "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming." ~Paulo Coelho