Kara serves as Director of Accounting & Auditing, and manages the firm’s employee benefit plan audit practice and the Hanover office audit practice. She also serves as Co-Member-in-Charge of the Hanover office. She specializes in providing accounting and auditing services to employee benefit plans, nonprofit organizations, local governments, and insurance cooperatives. She is an integral team member of each audit department.
Throughout her career, Kara’s continuing education has included tax and audit considerations of nonprofit and governmental entities as well as audit and compliance considerations of employee benefit plans. In addition, Kara participates in the firm’s peer review process, focusing on employee benefit plan audits.
In addition, Kara serves as chair of the Audit and Accounting Committee.
- B.S. Accounting – York College of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant – Pennsylvania
- American Institute of CPAs
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Named one of Central Penn Business Journal's "Women of Influence" in 2011
- Allinial Global – Employee Benefit Plans Community of Practice
- United Way of York County – Board of Directors
- UPMC Pinnacle Hanover – Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Professional Affairs Committee
- Roots for Boots – Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Sweet Charities of Hanover – Board of Directors
- Hanover Symphony Orchestra – Board of Directors
- Annunciation of BVM Parish – Finance Committee
- St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School – Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Advancement Committee Treasurer
- Cub Scout Pack 107, McSherrystown, PA – Assistant Den Leader
- Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce