Kelly works in the firm’s Audit Department and brought with him over 20 years of accounting and auditing experience acquired through leadership roles spanning in the areas of public accounting, internal auditing, and corporate accounting.
While leading audit and attestation teams for a national ‘Big 4’ accounting firm, he served clients ranging in size from global to local, focusing on financial services (financial institutions, broker-dealers, registered investment companies, venture capital, and private equity firms), manufacturing, healthcare, and nonprofit organizations. While establishing and leading the internal audit function at a 2,500-employee site for a Fortune 500 multinational corporation, he further developed expertise in the design and execution of internal control audits, efficiency audits, and compliance audits.
Kelly’s most recent role prior to joining SEK, though primarily invested in leading a 30+ member accounting department, also took him to India, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil where he completed regulatory and GAAP compliance assessments, resource and structuring assessments, supported the implementation of an Oracle accounting systems, and provided accounting leadership for the launch of new product and service offerings.
His experience with external and internal audits, internal control design and implementation, and corporate accounting enable him to serve and collaborate with our clients in a variety of industries and capacities.
- B.S. Accounting – Towson University
- M.B.A. Business Administration – Loyola University Maryland
- Certified Public Accountant – Maryland, Pennsylvania
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- International Financial Reporting Standards Certificate (AICPA)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Discovery Station at Hagerstown – Board of Directors
- Washington County Chamber of Commerce – Treasurer
- Leadership Washington County – Board of Directors