Tim is the firm's Director of Quality Control. He provides auditing and accounting services to manufacturing, construction, nonprofit, technology, and healthcare entities. He also works with the firm’s broker/dealer and registered investment advisor (RIA) clients in meeting examination and filing requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, Tim is an active member of the firm’s peer review team and serves as Team Captain on both engagement and system reviews nationally.
His responsibilities include planning and organizing client engagements, preparing and analyzing financial statements, evaluating internal controls, mentoring department staff, and maintaining relationships with the firm’s clients.
Tim assists with coordinating and conducting continuing professional education (CPE) training sessions for the firm’s accounting and auditing professionals.
He serves as a member of the firm’s Management Committee; Practice Development Committee; Accounting, Consulting, & Tax Services Committee; and Accounting & Auditing Committee. Tim also serves as Vice Chair of the Allinial Global Accounting and Auditing Committee.
- B.S. Accounting – University of Maryland
- Certified Public Accountant – Maryland
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- American Institute of CPAs
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Maryland Peer Review Committee – Report Acceptance Body
- Allinial Global – Accounting & Auditing Committee
- Hagerstown Lions Club – Member
- Leadership Washington County – Class of XXIII
- Leadership Frederick County – Class of 2005
Just For Fun
- WHERE HE IS FROM - Lived in Fort Worth, Texas and Tempe, Arizona. Growing up, his family moved around quite a bit, but those two places stand out to him because they were unique and offered many opportunities for fun and adventure.
- FIRST JOB - Worked at Ace Hardware when he was 15; one of his responsibilities was to jockey the large U-Haul trucks the store rented to customers, and he got kicked out of being allowed to drive large box trucks before he had his learner's permit
- IF HE WERE A SUPERHERO, HIS SUPERPOWER WOULD BE - He is a superhero. Next question.
- HOBBIES - Traveling (he has traveled from a young age, and it is a passion that he hopes to instill in his children; has been to 49 of the 50 states and 14 countries), watching Terps basketball and football
- WHAT MAKES HIM GET OUT OF BED EVERY DAY - Believes SEK and our clients are truly exceptional; never wants to be in a position where he feels he has let any of them down; inspired by our staff and clients; looks forward to the challenges each day brings