I would recommend William Oyster to any of my colleagues. I have had experience with Mr. Oyster as our local auditor for six of the eight years I've been with this school district. Couldn't ask for better. He is down to earth, thorough, and explains things very well. He also gives us a heads up of what's coming through the pipeline so we are not blindsided by changes that need to be made.
A Carlisle Audit Client
Bill is friendly and knowledgeable.
A Carlisle Audit Client
- Building Excel Efficiencies Throughout Your Day, SEK Seminar (July 2021)
- Building Excel Efficiencies Throughout Your Day, PA State Association of Boroughs (May 2021)
- Importance of Effective Internal Controls, PA State Association of Boroughs (May 2021)
- Importance of Effective Internal Controls, SEK Nonprofit Seminar (September 2020)
- Advanced Uses of Excel, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2020)
- Importance of Effective Internal Controls, SEK Governmental Seminar (July 2020)
- Red Flags of Fraud in the Workplace, PA State Association of Boroughs (September 2019)
- Internal Controls - What Could Go Wrong and Best Practices, Government Finance Officers Association of PA (April 2019)
- What Exactly is a Lease? (August 2021)
- Working Remotely: Stay Safe and Productive (January 2021)
- Considerations for Capital Asset Controls (February 2020)
With more than 20 years of experience in public accounting, Bill is an integral member of the firm’s governmental audit niche, nonprofit audit niche, and low-income housing niche. He directs more than 70 engagements each year and has significant experience in performing single audits.
Bill’s involvement with employee benefit plan audits and business consulting services strengthen his understanding of crucial areas within the organizations he audits. He also performs peer reviews of other CPA firms, which helps to enhance our own audit procedures. Bill's love for technology helps him solve clients' problems and become a better auditor.
Bill is an instructor of our in-house training programs on governmental and nonprofit accounting, a presenter at our annual client seminars, and has been invited to speak at numerous external events. Additionally, he is a member of the firm’s Accounting & Auditing Committee.
- B.S. Business Administration/Accounting – Bloomsburg University
- Certified Public Accountant – Pennsylvania
- American Institute of CPAs
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank - Finance Committee
- New Hope Ministries – Past Treasurer, Past President
Just For Fun
- DREAM JOB AS A KID - Monster Truck Driver
- FIRST JOB - Stocking shelves at Acme Markets
- ABOUT HIS FAMILY - Has a beautiful and talented wife, a wonderful son and daughter, and a Springer Spaniel that his daughter named Belle
- HOBBIES - An enthusiastic Steelers fan, loves anything outdoors (especially camping and hunting), and is a coffee snob who enjoys bold coffee
- MOST INSPIRING PART OF HIS JOB - Helping others solve problems and making their days better