Scrutiny on employee benefit plans is increasing, including a substantially higher focus by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and Department of Labor (DOL) on firms that perform employee benefit plan audits. It is critical to have a highly-skilled and qualified firm performing your annual employee benefit plan audit.
Why Choose SEK?
- Our focus and expertise in auditing employee benefit plans places us in an exceptional position to provide high-quality services at a fair price.
- Our firm has a separate Employee Benefits Division, which performs third party administrations for over 400 pension plans, providing additional insight and expertise.
- Our team regularly attends annual AICPA conferences to stay up to date with the latest changes.
- We have been a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center since its inception.
- Located in your market and decisions are made here.
- Audit approximately 70 plans annually.
- Maintain relationships with retirement plan specialists that can provide plan design advice and other fiduciary consulting services.
- Offer management advice to assist our clients in enhancing their internal procedures, increasing the efficiency of plan operations.
- SEK Team Leaders are qualified by the AICPA to review other firms' Financial Benefit Plan Audits in the peer review quality monitoring program.
We would be happy to discuss your company’s employee benefit plan audit needs. Contact us below!
SEK's audit team completed Employee Health Benefit Plan financial audits for three of our municipal cooperative programs. We were very impressed with the initial year audits that were completed efficiently and thoroughly. They took steps to ensure their understanding of our benefit plan model. Presentations to the respective cooperative boards were very well received. The board has re-engaged the firm under a multiple year engagement.
Jill BrewsterSenior VP Finance; Benecon GroupPMHIC, and PCHIP
For the past 10 years, SEK has always been professional, proficient and affordable. Lincoln Benefit Trust is a school district consortium of 22 school districts and is complex in its accounting of each school district. SEK handled the transition of learning about LBT very smoothly and understands LBT’s purpose and mission. I happily recommend SEK for auditing services and look forward to continuing our relationship
Tricia McVickerTrust ManagerLincoln Benefit Trust