You value your business. We do too.
Surveys of small businesses indicate that an owner’s retirement is dependent on the selling value of their small business, yet 82% of owners have not had a recent valuation.
You wouldn't go your entire career without checking your 401(k) balance until six months before retirement, right? Understanding the current value of your business is vital for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, and change in ownership.
The Business Valuation professionals at SEK have experience in applying proven and accepted valuation methods and techniques, having provided formal valuations for hundreds of businesses of all sizes. We meet all of today’s IRS and state level requirements and work with attorneys in litigation matters.
What We Offer
We tailor our reports and information to each client’s situation while adhering to industry-accepted guidelines. Our professionals have performed valuations for many purposes, including:
- Reports and consultations for family business succession planning and tax mitigation planning
- Company valuation reports for state level inheritance tax assessments
- Personal goodwill analysis and opinion
- Partner/shareholder agreement assessments and design during buy out or buy in
- Bank financing reports, including SBA specific lending requirements
- Strategic succession and exit planning for business owners
- Transition services for buy and sell side
- Purchase or sale of a business
Reasonable Compensation Reports
We offer customized Reasonable Compensation Reports for owners, officers, and executives, which is the ultimate solution for accurately assessing fair pay and ensuring your business is safeguarded.
BLOG POST: Know the ins and outs of “reasonable compensation” for a corporate business owner
Quality of Earnings Reports
In collaboration with SEK’s audit department, we offer Quality of Earnings reports for larger clients looking to transition or attract private equity.
Business Health Checkup
Business Health Checkups can help you determine how your business is performing within the industry.
How Our Clients Benefit
- Individualized valuations to fit each client’s unique situation and goals
- Build value for business owners by identifying key areas of improvement and strategic planning
- Experience for over 20 years in performing valuations for a variety of industries and sized businesses
- Industry-accepted methodology by adhering to the standards of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) and the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
William Fritts, II
Member of the Firm
Member of the Firm
SEK came highly recommended to us, and after working with them on our business valuation, it is obvious why they were proposed. The project was completed within the time frame and budget promised and was exactly what we were looking for when we engaged their services. Their meticulous research and the time spent getting to understand our company's inner-workings give me complete confidence in the quality of the final work product.
Carol BodePresidentCB Flooring, LLC