Everyone has a story to tell. Ours is about a group of entrepreneurial-minded CPAs who, over the past 60 years, grew a small three-partner firm in Maryland into one of the premier CPA and advisory firms in the region. Built on a foundation of core values like integrity, innovation, and mutual respect, we work to be proactive to our clients' needs and active in our communities, all while fostering continued growth.
As a full-service firm, thousands of clients across the region (and the country) benefit from our accounting, audit, tax, business advisory, consulting, and pension services.
Currently, our firm has 29 Members (partners) and 165+ professionals. And while we continue to grow, you will experience a personalized level of service that isn't seen in most firms of our size. The dedication to client connection and communication has also led many former employees of national and international firms to call SEK home - giving you access to talents and expertise that will help drive your organization forward. We deliver big firm results with a small firm feel.
In November 2018, we launched our brand-new logo featuring a compass. Since our founding, the guidance we offer continues to be precise, just like its sharp points. For years to come, we want our compass to represent our commitment to providing guidance you can count on.
Raise your expectations of an accounting firm and see for yourself how we can provide solutions for all of your business and organizational goals.
Awards and Recognition
As SEK grows, we remain committed to our clients, communities, and staff who make our success possible. We have received a number of recent awards including:
- Best of Accounting Award for Client Satisfaction (2021-2023)
- We've been named among the "Best of Accounting" by ClearlyRated in their Net Promoter Score survey - a designation received by less than 2% of accounting firms.
- Best Places to Work in PA (2023)
- SEK is proud to be designated the #22 Best Place to work in PA in the medium employer category by Central Penn Business Journal and Lehigh Valley Business
- Best Accounting Firm (2020, 2021-2023)
- Best of the Tristate Awards by VerStandig Media
- Best Accounting Firm (2022-2023)
- Tri-State's Best Awards by Herald Mail Media
- Top 100 Regional Leaders in the Capital Region (2016-2023)
- Ranked #9 in 2023 by Accounting Today
- Top 200 Public Accounting Firms (2011-2023)
- Ranked #175 in 2023 by Inside Public Accounting
- Best Tax Preparation Service (2022-2023)
- Best of Franklin County Awards by Public Opinion
- Favorite Accounting Firm (2023)
- Best of Cumberland County Awards by The Sentinel
- Top 250 Private Companies in Central PA (2016-2018, 2020)
- Ranked #9 in 2020 by Central Penn Business Journal
- Employer of the Year Award (2020)
- Awarded by Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
Mission, Vision, & Core Values
SEK is committed to serving our clients by providing professional accounting and consulting services that are based on a clear understanding of our clients and their business.
We will work to be proactive in response to our clients’ needs and complete each engagement in a timely manner for a reasonable fee. Members of our firm will strive to be active in our communities and will work to continue to foster growth and vitality by managing a quality-driven, successful organization.
To be the best independently owned, operated, and managed CPA firm with the highest ethical standards in the business of public accounting.
Our Core Values
- Highest Ethical Standards
- Mutual Respect
- Pride in Firm and Profession
- Responsive to Client Needs
- Close Personal Relationships
- Quality of Life
See What Our Clients Are Saying
The larger the word, the more times it was mentioned!